Monday, March 26, 2012

A Restful Weekend

This weekend was one of the most relaxed weekends I have had in a really long time. I had absolutely no plans, and was totally ok with it.

Friday after work, I called my mom to see if she wanted to go to dinner. My dad was still in town, so she was cooking steak. I don't really eat much red meat, but I had no food at my house and didn't want to go to the store. I promptly drove to Brentwood to enjoy her home cooking.

It was really great to sit and watch tv and just hang out with my parents and enjoy a delicious mean. We had steak, zucchini (my favorite), french fries, and ciabiatta bread. I felt like I was eating as a princess.

My friends texted me and told me to go downtown and watch some basketball with them. I thought that would be fun, so I told them I would come. As I was pulling off the exit, it started down pouring. I don't like rain, so I decided to just go home and curl up in my bed. Best decision I could have made...

Saturday, I did some cleaning, then went to see The Hunger Games at 2. I was really excited about the movie, and left super impressed. It's probably one of the best book to movie I have seen. I highly recommend it, but I do recommend reading the book first.

Saturday night, I still hadn't gone to the store, so I called my mom. She was on her way to pick up some food for herself, so I just kind of invited myself. I, once again, drove to Brentwood and we dined at Chuy's, another favorite of mine. I watched a little television with my mom then went back home and passed out. I think my body was shutting down from going so much.

Sunday, my sister and niece were at my mom's house, so I went to Brentwood AGAIN to see them. How could I turn down this face.

We played outside for at least 2 hours. She loved playing with bouncey balls and sunglasses. And she just looked adorable.


We had another delicious dinner, and Kailee was loving me. She's usually a little finnicky, but yesterday she was so precious.

I have no idea what she was looking at.

This week is going to be a bit crazy, so I am thankful for the weekend of rest. I want to start running again, but I just can't find the motivation to do it. Maybe it will come some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment