Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HER

I just finished reading an AWESOME book by a dear dear dear friend of mine, Josh. He is an amazing guy that I've had the privilege of knowing for a few years. He and I are pretty much gangster warriors, as you can see :)



Anyway, he wrote this totally awesome book called Heaven's Earthly Romance. As a Christian, dating has always been "different." I have many of my own beliefs and morals that I formed from my faith, and that I will stick to, like I will not have sex before marriage, nor will I move in with a man until he is my husband. I will remain pure until they day "I do" comes, and I will not falter on that.

However, "dating" has always been a fuzzy subject. I will be the first to admit that I have dated some crazies, that were not seeking the Lord, and therefore ended up hurting me. Society always says that date until you find the right one, and a date won't hurt anyone, but reading this book has really put my life back into perspective.

If you read this blog then you know that I have been dealing with a lot of heartbreak. It's truth time... I have been "dating for fun" and I haven't been praying for my future husband, or really caring about dating and marriage. Josh's book just reminded me of all the reasons that I decided to be pure and to wait for the right man.

Society will not trick me into thinking I need a boyfriend or that I need to do certain things to fit in. I'm still going to be me, and I'm not going to just date for fun because it's what everyone else is doing. I want my husband to do the same, so how could I not that that.

At the end of his book, he wrote this amazing letter to his future wife (although he is married now). It was so real, and so wonderful, and what every girl dreams of having a man say to her. I realized that most of the boys I've dated or been interested in have not been fully seeking the Lord. Josh's last chapter was about settling, and I will not settle. I deserve an amazing man who will love the Lord more than me, and love me like Christ loved the church.

I will leave college without a boyfriend or fiance, and I'm actually OK with it. I know the Lord has someone awesome out there for me who is going to love every part of me, even the bad parts. I'm no where near perfect, and I know my husband will not be either, but I know that our relationship will be grounded in Christ, and we will live HAPPY. Always. Happy in Christ.

That's all for today.

I recommend EVERYONE read this book. It is so wonderful.

It's called Heaven's Earthly Romance, by Sweh.

>K

1 comment:

  1. Kristina, I love this and your willingness to share! This is something that I really battled with last year myself! I was in the same place- dating guys just because and in relationships that were not spiritual based at all! I made myself just go on a 'dating fast' and for a little over a year, God really kept that desire away from me. I was able to just pray and read and reflect on what He wants for me in my relationships. And I'm still working on it but it was really hard- especially when everyone our age seems to have someone serious or is engaged! I am right there with you girl and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete