Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Best Concert I've EVER seen!

On Tuesday night, I went to the Bijou theatre with my friends Chris, Courtney and Bitsy to see Ingrid Michaelson and Matt Kearney. It was SUCH an amazing concert! When I first heard about the show I was really excited to see Mat Kearney because he is one of my favorite artists. Leaving the concert, I am now a HUGE Ingrid Michaelson fan.

Cara Salimando started off the show with an acoustic set. She is a 17-year-old singer/songwriter who opened up for Mat and Ingrid. She was super talented and her songs were super relatable. She did sing a lot about LOVE, which is not one of my favorite topics, but she was still super talented, and a joy to watch.


Sorry for the poor quality. The Bijou has a no flash photography policy.

Next up was Ingrid Michaelson. She came out and looked super cute! She has a very quirky personality, and was very funny. She compared the audience to "stuck up Brits" because we were not a were rowdy crowd. She definitely had ways to make us laugh and she even got us to sing with her a little bit. Ingrid is probably most well known for her song "The Way I Am." After performing this song, she joked about how when she was 80 she would still be singing this song to little boys at their Barmitzah's. She is definitely someone I would go see in concert again.




She ended the show with a cover of Britney Spear's Toxic, which was a JOY to watch. They even busted out some pretty sweet dance moves.

Mat Kearney was the last performer, and he was so wonderful! He is definitely a very chill performer, and we were DEFINITELY a chill audience, so he seemed a little discouraged that we weren't the rowdy kind. He even jumped off the stage and went through the audience. He was a lot of fun, and at the end of the show everyone that had been on stage came out and had an impromptu dance party. It was so much fun!




Overall, this was probably one of the best concerts I have seen in an extremely long time. Good friends and good music. Nothing beats that!




No comments:

Post a Comment