Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The City That Stole My Heart

Hi friends!

I had been doing so well with updating my blog, but I know I went MIA the last few days. I promise you though, it was for a very good reason. Well... kind of :)

Last Friday was my Senior Sorority Formal! It was on the riverboat, and it was so much fun! We went to dinner first at Wasabi, which was delicious, then went on to the riverboat. We sailed away from 10-12 then ventured to Waffle House for some yummy eggs and bacon! I like IHOP more, but everyone else wanted to go to the Awful Waffle. I sure did eat it though..

I haven't added my pictures yet, but here are two of me with some of my sisters.


Oh Chelsea Lane.. You have a piece of my heart

The Lovely Courtney Holder!

I had a great time with some great friends, then got to sleep all day Saturday! I also went to dinner at O'Charleys and watched Napoleon Dynamite with my friend Michelle. It was great to just hang out and do nothing with some awesome friends.

Sunday was my favorite day of the weekend. I went to Church of the Cove for Sunday morning service and was tremendously blessed. We had a "guest preacher" named Rusty and he was very refreshing. He came up and the CSI theme song "Whoooooooo Are You? Who who? Who who?" Come on. Just imagine me singing that right now in my BEAUTIFUL voice. Haha

He talked about who we are in Christ. He really emphasized that we are CHILDREN of God! It is definitely good to be encouraged and be reminded of how amazing God is, and all the things He means to me. Rusty was also wearing a cape and had not mentioned it the entire service, so of course, I'm sitting there in my chair wondering why in the world this grown man has a red cape on! At the end of his sermon, he finally discussed the cape.

He told us a story of a man that wore a cape everywhere that he went. When the man was asked why he said, "because when you see someone with a cape on, you think, something good is about to happen." Shouldn't that be what Christians look like? When a person professes Christ, shouldn't people around them say oh yeah, something good is about to happen.

This definitely changed the way I think. I so often live my life as if no one around me is watching. Not that I do anything ridiculously bad, but people don't look at me and say, SOMETHING good is about to happen, whether it be encouragement, a friendly smile, or anything! I have missed so many opportunities to be nice, and share Christ, but I miss them because of my mood. I need to be nicer, I need to encourage people, and I need to LOVE. Rusty really blessed me and I'm so glad that the Lord placed him in that church that specific morning to minister to me.

Sunday night the youth group went to feed the homeless in Knoxville. That is definitely always a blessing. I always "help" Mr. Jack cook, but I get to stand there and talk to him and really be encouraged by his sweet words. Not only were the youth talking with the homeless and forming relationships, but we were helping people out, and that is an awesome feeling.

Before I left I didn't realize something. That was probably my last time to feed the homeless with Church of the Cove since I'm leaving Knoxville soon. I've had so much fun feeding the homeless with them, and I might even make a special trip just to minister to those people with them.

Monday dragged on.. like most. But Kaitlin and Caroline came over to watch Dancing With The Stars, where we laughed a lot and made fun of Kate Gosselin. For real... she's terrible. But she was better this week than last week when she walked around the dance floor with an angry glare.

Please watch and enjoy this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIxcihGiGo

Tuesday has been my favorite day, by far, in a really long time. I went to my child psychology class, which wasn't half bad that day, then hit the road for Nashville. I got home and me, my mom AND my DAD (he was so very helpful) put together all of my graduation invitations. Talk about a WEIRD feeling. We got all of the done except for about 9 that I have to do now that I'm back in Knoxville. After we finished my mom cooked this awesome meal of grilled chicken and smoked sausage, yummy noodles, beans and cornbread, deviled eggs, and cottage cheese. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal for once.

After dinner, I went to Trevecca Nazarene University to see my friend Jacob Perry perform his senior recitation. I’ve always known that Jacob has written poetry, but I have never really heard or read any of his stuff. I was so excited to see him because I had not seen him in over a year, maybe two. He began with some songs that he had written, and then moved on to reading part of a collection of poetry that he wrote.

After being blown away by his talent, we went to the hallway to eat yummy treats that his mom made for us. I had this AMAZING brownie and some wonderful punch. I got to see a bunch of old friends from high school and got to chat and hang out with them for a while.

Jacob had asked me a few days before his shindig if I wanted to grab coffee and hang out after he got done, so we went to cafĂ© coco. That place is probably one of my favorite places in the world. It’s so chill and relaxing and we got to talk about life, love, and everything else going on in our lives. It was so refreshing to talk to a boy (excuse me, man) that really loves the Lord and strives to do His will, and His will alone. As Christians, a lot of us talk the talk but don’t walk the walk, and I can truly say that Jacob is a man that does both.

Like me, Jacob has had a really rough year. We were able to relate to each other and talk about everything that both of us had gone through. It was so refreshing to have someone understand the struggles that we were going through. It was such a fun time to reconnect, and we’ve decided that this summer is going to be filled with fun adventures.

It was a short trip to Nashville, but totally worth every second. I’m so happy with where I am at right now, and I know that I’m making good decisions. Now if I can make it three weeks, I’ll be done with school and headed back to the city that stole my heart.


>K

No comments:

Post a Comment