Monday, March 29, 2010

I will ALWAYS bleed orange!


I could not be a more proud volunteer. My Vols made History this year by making it past the Sweet Sixteen and all the way to the Elite Eight! I have never seen them play harder or they their hearts on the court more. J.P., Wayne, and Bobby really stepped up as Seniors this year and made Vols basketball relevant again. And I could never forget Bruce Pearl. He's such a wonderful person and an amazing coach.

We beat a number one AND number two team this year. We beat Kansas first, after the infamous New Year's Day incident, which I WILL NOT go into here. The commentators have pretty much covered it as much as it can be covered. Beating Kansas was AWESOME! The fans tried to rush the court, but were stopped by security. I got smashed in the middle of all of it, and had bruises to prove it! It was still an amazing feeling to be on the front row supporting an awesome team without four key players.

We then beat Kentucky, who was ranked number two at the time we played. Thompson Boling had a camp out inside the arena which was a lot of fun. We had to wait for a while outside, so me and my friend Kevin decided to take lots of pictures!






Don't worry, I won't bore you with the others that we took! This game was the "outlive" game where all the proceeds from the outlive shirts that were sold went to fund cancer research. Bruce Pearl bought all the students shirts so we all sported them during the game.

Logan!! Basketball buddies since Sophomore year!
I helped paint these boys!
Sully! What a sad day for our friendship!
Charlie!
Benny Boo!!!

I was so excited when we entered the tournament. I entered my bracket in an office pool, and WON! It was only $40, but I was so excited! Then, this boy and I argued over whose bracket would be better so I'm also receiving three free Wendy's ice creams in the very near future! I had us going to the Sweet Sixteen and losing, but boy was I wrong! Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the UT/Ohio State match-up, but I watched it after I found out the score. Since the majority of my brother-in-laws family are from Ohio, they are naturally Ohio State fans, so I sent this to a lot of my family members:






So, needless to say, I LOVE my Vols. I'm so proud of them! Although we didn't make it to the championship, we made it farther than anyone thought we would, and thats enough to be proud of. I will always be a Volunteer and I will always love my Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment