Monday, July 26, 2010

Two Weeks Notice!

Ok you guys.. I have two weeks before I depart on my trip! TWO WEEKS! That is so crazy! I can't believe that it is two weeks away! I thought that time would drag on so slowly, but it has really passed quickly. In 14 days, I will be in Haiti, which will be my home for 127 days, or four months, or 19 weeks... whichever you fancy.

Things are finally starting to come together, and I feel like I'm finally getting close to leaving. I have made my "what to pack" list, my "what to buy" list, and I'm working on deciding what books I want to take to read while I'm there.

I went to the doctor today, and as many of you know, I absolutely HATE the doctor. Just stepping inside the building made my anxiety skyrocket! But thankfully, after 2 hours and 49 minutes, I got to leave and the doctor had only good news for me! We are trying new medicines, so hopefully in a few months I won't be as crazy (emotionally) as I am now. It should help my mood and hopefully, I won't cry as much :)

Today, I went to dinner with my sister and something she said made me leaving a lot more real! She mentioned that I was going to miss all kinds of trashy TV that I LOVE to watch! As much as I'm ready to get out of the habit of turning the TV on whenever I'm bored, it kind of hit me that I won't get to know what happens on Big Brother, or Hell's Kitchen or some other crappy show that is pointless to watch any way. I know that sounds super dumb to even think about missing a stupid TV show, but it really hit me today, that I'm leaving so soon! I know that once I'm there, I won't even have time to think about TV or the other comforts of home, and I am so excited for that!

A lot of people have asked me what I'm going to do when I get back. I have NO clue, and I really want to keep it that way until I get back. The Lord is going to reveal to me what my future holds when it is His time, and I would rather not try to figure it out now. I know that I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do right now, and that is all that really matters to me. I am so excited to see what He does while I'm in Haiti and when I get back.

If you can think of the little things that I need to remember to take with me on my trip, please tell me! I am so forgetful, and I definitely don't want to forget anything to pack!

Oh, and if you are in Nashville August 7th, we are having a little get together to say farewell at 3 pm in Centennial Park! Let me know if you want to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited for you but will be counting down the days till you return because I already miss you!

    ReplyDelete