Monday, January 26, 2009

My first blog!

This is kind of exciting. I was sitting at work reading a blog about Africa when I decided I wanted to start my own blog. Mine will not be as intriguing as hers, but it's a start. Who knows when something will happen that is worthy of actually writing about.

I named my blog captivated because I am often captivated by many different things. I hope to share some of my passions, my happenings and other things that happen to captivate me. I'm excited to share everything, and hopefully this will be a good way to express what is going on in my life.

Currently, I am work, which is where I spend the majority of my time these days. It is a good job, but it tends to be boring sometimes, like today. We don't have anything happening at the Arena this week, so it should be pretty chill. We do have two basketball games this week, LSU and Florida. Those should be pretty good games, and hopefully we can pull them out. Memphis was a fun game, sad, but fun. Bethany and I went and it was great, except for the whole losing thing. Everyone was really intense and really into the game, so there was a lot of spirit everywhere, even for the Memphis team.

After the game, Bethany and I went to Copper Cellar and ended up eating with some people she had met the week before. It was a little awkward at first, but it ended up being really fun. I ended up talking with this girl named Sarah who graduated from UT in Public Relations (which is my major) and she asked me if I had an internship, and I haven't so she told me to send her an e-mail and she would be happy to work with me! I was so excited about that, and it is with the Knoxville Tourism and Sports Corporation, which would be perfect for me! Hopefully that will work out.

It was a pretty good weekend though. Jessie, Bethany and I went house shopping on Sunday and found one we really liked, but we are going to continue looking until we are certain that is what we want to do. I'm excited about living with them. I'm sure there will never be a dull moment.

Speaking of dull moments, last night, Jessie and I watched Pride and Prejudice (the 6 hour movie) and it was such a good movie! Granted it was long, but I really enjoyed it. Jessie and I were being completely retarded last night and pretending like we lived in their time, but that didn't last long. It's so weird to think about living in that time. It's so different from today, and sometimes I think it would be cool to have lived back then, but I sure do love technology.

Anywho, God has really been challenging me this week. For some reason I have been slacking like crazy and being so apathetic towards everything. I have such a passion for Him, and such a joy from Him, so why am I being stubborn and not following the way I know I should be? I am praying for a soft heart so that He may speak to me. I really feel like I need to get away and just be alone with Him. I know that can't happen right this moment because of school and work, but soon enough I know that I will be able to be alone with Him and completely refocus my heart.

I'm so excited about this blog, but I should probably get back to work and do my job.

Love always,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment