Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby

Today would have been Melissa Hope's 2nd birthday. I always thought that on this day, I would be celebrating with her, and the Chapman's, the family that was in the process of adopting her. God had other plans.



I will never forget Melissa and the impact she had on my life. You can read about that here and here.


This has been an especially hard day, but I have felt God's presence so strong and He is giving me peace as I continue this journey. One of the songs that really helped me get through this time was By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North. Here are some of the lyrics:

And I'll be by your side Wherever you fall In the dead of night Whenever you call And please don't fight These hands that are holding you My hands are holding you Look at these hands and my side They swallowed the grave on that night When I drank the world's sin So I could carry you in And give you life I want to give you life Cause I, I love you I want you to know That I, I love you I'll never let you go
On my way to work this morning, this song played on the radio. I knew that God was speaking to my heart and reminding me that He was here for me and was going to get me through this day. Then, we had chapel this morning and the first song the praise band played was this song. I began to tear up, but tried to hold it together. I just closed my eyes and felt God's presence all around me.



As sad as I am that I don't get to hug her and hold her, I know that she impacted so many, and that God will use her story for years to come. But even knowing that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. I covet your prayers as I continue about this day.




1 comment:

  1. Kristina you are a very strong you woman who has inspired many people through your stories, and because of this I know that GOD is especially looking out for you today. You just keep doing what you are doing and peace will come over you. Although you are unable to look into her eyes or even at her today know that she is on God's lap smiling that precious smile down on you!!! I love you very much and I will pray that you have peace in your heart today as it will be a little tough. HANG IN THERE YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

    Your cousin,
    Kari Jo

    ReplyDelete